Travel & Accommodations
Delegations are responsible for making their own travel and transportation arrangements. The information provided below should assist delegations in coordinating their travel to Conference.
The 2012 National 4-H Conference will be held at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center. The National 4-H Youth Conference Center is located in a quiet, 12-acre campus-like setting in Maryland, one mile from the nation's capital, making it the perfect gateway to Washington, D.C.'s leaders, monuments and museums. Now one of the largest non-academic youth education and conference facilities in America, the National 4-H Youth Conference Center has a colorful history that dates back more than a century. The Conference Center is operated by our private partner--National 4-H Council. Read more history of the National 4-H Youth Conference Center.
National 4-H Youth Conference Center
7100 Connecticut Avenue
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815
The Washington, DC area is served by three different airports. Visitors to the Washington, DC area may use all of the airports depending on their specific travel needs. Some airlines may offer better prices to/from one location than another. You may also find direct flights from one airport and not from another.
Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is the closest airport to downtown Washington, DC.
More information about Ronald Reagan National Airport
Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Dulles International Airport is located approximately 26 miles from Washington, DC in Chantilly, Virginia. Dulles Airport uses mobile lounges known as “people movers” to shuttle passengers from the terminal to the gates. This process can take extra time, so keep this in mind and be sure to give yourself enough time to get the gate.
More information about Dulles International Airport
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport is located south of Baltimore. The MARC and Amtrak train station is nearby offering train service to Union Station.
More information about Baltimore/Washington International Airport
The National 4-H Youth Conference Center is located in Chevy Chase, MD, just one mile outside the nation's capitol. It is accessible via public transportation, taxi and airport shuttle service.
Metrorail and Bus
To National 4-H Youth Conference Center:
- Take the Red Line to Friendship Heights Metro Station (towards Shady Grove)
- From Friendship Heights, take Metrobus L8, Ride-On #1 or #11, or to the National 4-H Youth Conference Center
From National 4-H Youth Conference Center:
- Take Metrobus L7 or L8 or Ride-On #1 or #11 toward Friendship Heights (heading South on Connecticut Avenue)
- Follow instructions at the Friendship Heights Metro Station for points in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia
For additional information - including fares, routes, and time tables, visit Washington Metro Area Transportation Authority or call 202-637-7000
Taxi and Shuttle
Taxis are readily available at all major airport, train and bus terminals. Estimated rates to/from the Conference Center are:
- Ronald Reagan National Airport/Union Station/Downtown Washington: $30
- Dulles International Airport/Northern Virginia: $65
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport/Baltimore: $75
Barwood Cab Company: 301-984-1900 or 800-831-2323 Direct line available in J.C. Penney Hall Lobby
Private Sedan/Limo Services
Private sedan/limo services can be the most economical and hassle-free option for groups traveling to Washington, DC. Estimated rates to/from the airports and Conference Center are as follows:
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA): $55 one-way private sedan (1-4 passengers) or $110 one-way private van/SUV ( up to 6 passengers)
- Dulles International Airport (IAD): $70 one-way private sedan (1-4 passengers) or $130 one-way private van/SUV ( up to 6 passengers)
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI): $90 one-way private sedan (1-4 passengers) or $150 one-way private van/SUV (up to 6 passengers)
**Most sedan/limo service providers require reservations to be made 24 hours in advance of travel.
Directions to the National 4-H Youth Conference Center.