4-H Today E-newsletter
Sign up for News
Enter your information below to receive
exciting info on 4-H news and events.
Position Title: Cook II
Center - Food Service
Type of Position:
Type of Position
Salary Offer Range: Commensurate with Skills and Experience
Cook II position is responsible for preparing all hot food for guests in accordance with BEO’s submitted to food service. Cook II will adhere to recipes and production sheets and ensure all foods are prepared freshly, attractively presented and served on time at the proper temperature. HACCP guidelines for safe food handling must be followed consistently. Cook II must complete assigned tasks within scheduled hours of work and have a courteous and pleasant attitude towards guests, co-workers, fellow associates and supervisors. Cook II must clean and sanitize all equipment and worktables and maintain the highest levels of safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Prepares hot food for breakfast, lunch and dinner by following recipes, production sheets and prep sheets provided.
- Takes temperatures of food prior to service to ensure food is served at proper temperature.
- Follows all HACCP guidelines for safe food handling.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment as required by weekly cleaning assignment sheet.
- Consistently provides optimal customer service to guests by greeting them, smiling and behaving respectfully and courteously.
- Adheres to posted work schedule; seeks supervisors approval to change work schedule if necessary.
Previous high volume cooking experience required. Must be able to prepare meals for at least 200 guests without assistance.
Must be able to read and adhere to recipes, production sheets and prep sheets.
A minimum of 3 years prior cooking experience required in a high volume setting.
Serv Safe certification a plus but not required.
Long periods of standing and walking. Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs., Long hours (8-15 hours/day)
National 4-H CouncilNATIONAL 4-H COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Attention: Human Resources
7100 Connecticut Ave.
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Fax: (301) 961-2894