4-H Afterschool helps 4-H and other youth-serving organizations create and improve programs for students in communities across the U.S.
4-H Afterschool is an Extension-enhanced program that:
- offers youth a safe, healthy, caring, and enriching environment
- engages youth in long-term, structured learning in partnership with adults
- addresses the interests of youth and their physical, cognitive, social, and emotional needs
The Benefits of 4-H Afterschool
- young people participate in engaging, exciting programs while developing valuable skills with lifelong benefits
- training and technical assistance to help youth development organizations.
4-H and 4-H Afterschool are educational programs of Cooperative Extension. If you are interested in making 4-H Afterschool part of your educational program, please contact your county 4-H agent for assistance and more information.